Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Everyone Needs an Outlet

I could not come up with anything clever for my blog title. All that came to mind was "I wonder what is the biggest voltage outlet?" You know, because this is going to be MY outlet. My outlet for spouting off, venting, ranting, raving and whatever else I need to do. So from what I could decipher online, a 240v outlet is the biggest outlet for a home. It's for bigger appliances. So I figure I need the biggest outlet there is, because, well, you understand. 

Today my biggest rant is that I have a co-worker who apparently couldn't find her ass with both hands. I got to work and there was a note asking if I had ordered windowed envelopes or if I had them stored elsewhere. So here's the deal. For the past two months, these envelopes have been stored in the bathroom, on top of a cabinet which is about eye level. And the box? Well I labeled it "windowed envelopes." Yeah, my bad. I should have done more. 

Work isn't the only place where I have issues with folks not finding things I've stored in plain sight. It happens at home, too. I am not even going to get into that part of it, because apparently I've blocked those specific memories out of my head so I can't give you a good one. But I promise when one happens, I will post it so everyone knows I'm telling the truth.

Speaking of looking for things, Roseanne Barr used to include in her stand-up routine that her husband and kids thought she knew where everything was. They'd ask her where this was or that was, like the uterus was a tracking device. I can't help but laugh when I hear this, because more than once that thought has gone through my mind. "Why would I know where THAT is? Do you think that the uterus is a tracking device?" I guess it isn't so much that I'm asked where things are that irritates me, it's when it is suddenly MY fault that said person does not know where said item is and cannot find it. Yep, that's what I do, I think up what you might look for next and I hide it from you. Or I sort the laundry and find your favorite item, and I drop it between the washer and dryer so it can't easily be seen. 

All that being said, last night I cleaned off the top of a cabinet where I keep photos and scrapbook items looking for the CD labels I printed last week. I must have worked for an hour before I walked through the living room and saw them in a shoebox where I had placed everything else having to do with those CDs. Oh well, I needed to clean and straighten up that cabinet anyway. And I found a project I've been working on for so many years and I can't even begin to tell you when I started it. They are foam Christmas ornaments with a space for school photos. I was going to do one for each of the school photos the girls have. Maybe I will get them finished in time to give to their children.  

I'm not perfect. Don't get me wrong. As a matter of fact, the least perfect thing about me is my fuse. It's too damn short.

No comments:

Post a Comment