Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A New Kind of Man

I have to say I was very sad to see Chaz go home from DWTS tonight, but it's not because I am going to miss his dancing. There were times he was atrocious. There were times he was awkward. There were times he looked scared to death. But in the end, he was always likeable. 

Everyone knows that is what brought him through this far in the competition. But Chaz wasn't in it for the competition. He put it well tonight by saying that he wanted to show America a new kind of man. He said if there had been someone like him on television when he was younger, his life would have been totally different. Well said, Chaz. 

I have to say that in his trepidation, his naturally humble attitude was able to shine through. I think there are a few male professional dancers on DWTS that could learn a lesson from Chaz. Just because you're good at something doesn't mean everything about you is perfect. A little bit of humble goes a long way. 

That being said, I don't think I've ever seen the rest of the couples swarm the dance floor and rally around the star who was going home quite like I watched tonight. I think Chaz opened the eyes of a lot of people during his time on DWTS. Some that might not have had the chance to meet someone who was transgendered in any other situation.

I hope Chaz's appearance on DWTS does change someone's life. I hope it validates someone's life. I hope it opens someone's eyes. Lord knows we all could use a little eye opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment